1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mozilla any good

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Dr3w, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dr3w

Dr3w Thread Starter

Anyone here use mozilla?

2. Slick Nick

Slick Nick

I've tested most every browser there is, including Mozilla, and have always come back to MSIE. Mozilla is ok but didn't have the bells and whistles I wanted. For a really faaaaaaast browser, check out Opera. It's my 2nd favorite browser.

3. starman2002

starman2002

Its really a matter of preference just like firewalls and anti-virus programs.I use Mozilla and I think its very good for my needs.I really like the tabbed browsing and the best feature for that it blocks the popup ads.None have slipped through yet.It also has a good mail client.I only use IE6 to get my Windows update.

4. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

Out of Netscape, Mozilla and Firebird, I prefer Firebird.

They don't come with mouse gesture support or the middle click autoscroll or user agent settings like opera does, but those features can be added.

Mozilla 1.5RC1 and 1.5RC2 have a major bug.

Mozilla 1.5b is the best mozilla version for now.

1.5 Final should be good.

Mozilla, Firebird and Netscape use a lot of memory.

Opera doesn't.

I had an MSIE addiction, but I now use opera 99% of the time. It's been a hard transition, but it's definitely worth it. Opera is just more productive.

I actually use all the major browsers.

Mozilla 1.5rc2 (even though it's a crappy version)
    Firebird 0.6.1
    Netscape 4.8 and 7.1
    MSIE
    Opera

Opera 7.20 Final is good and is my first choice.
    Firebird is my second. (Firebird is like a leaner, better version of Mozilla and Netscape).

There are a bunch of other Gecko-based browsers like Mozilla, but I don't bother with them.

5. cammi

cammi

yeah it's not bad. the only thing i dislike with opera is that annoying ad with the free version. so i just go with IE...

6. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

cammi, have you used opera 7.20?

It gives you the option of using text-based google ads instead of the crappy default pic ads.

It's a lot better if you have the free version. I'm glad I don't, but it's not that bad with the new ads if you do.

7. cammi

cammi

shadow, i cant remember which opera i had.. but i d/l'ed it like last month or the month before. i didnt know you could change the ad type. but still, IE and Mozilla didn't have any ads on it like Opera... if you know what i mean

8. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

Yep, I know what you mean.

9. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

Update on Mozilla 1.5rc1 and rc2 "window bouncing" bug.

The bug is caused by the personal toolbar being empty.

If you hide the personal tool bar or ad an icon to it, the window won't bounce.

With that said, it's ok to download RC2, as everything else works fine. (just keep that bug in mind)

10. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

I use Mozilla (under Red Hat) and Netscape (under Windows). Both are good and have no problem. I am quite satisfied. Best things is the tabbed browsing. Good for someone like me who usually keeps 15-20 windows open. It is easier to group the windows and keep related sites in tabs in a window.

Otherwise there is no generally great difference in IE and Mozilla/Netscape in browsing. But mail clients are pathetic. Nothing can beat Outlook Express there as far as I know

11. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

If the thunderbird mail client had a source edit like OE, I would consider changing to it. For someone who's addicted to OE, thunderbird feels comfortable.

The Netscape and mozilla email clients are horrible.

12. brindle

brindle

Just my 2 cents

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. cammi

cammi

i always notice it. :p it's large and at the top of the screen!

but i never look at popups.... i always close them. i guess the only advantage with opera is that you can change it. it never remembers my "dont request for my password on this page/server!" request.

14. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Pop up adds are still okay. What about the news articles every second day that someone has exploited a security hole in IE and Micro$oft has released a patch!! That happens so often.

And what is the guarantee that by using IE, our privacies are not at the mercies of the big daddy Micro$oft?

15. cammi

cammi

none, except for the 'privacy policy'. but how do you know everything else on your computer (eg other web browswers) aren't 'private' either?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167765

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice