Mozilla Disables Insecure Java Plugin in Firefox

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lotuseclat79

Mozilla Disables Insecure Java Plugin in Firefox.

Mozilla is disabling older versions of the Java Development Toolkit plugin for Firefox users, in a bid to block attacks against a newly-discovered Java security hole that attackers have been exploiting of late to install malicious code.

Note: At most, normal users whom only surf the Internet (web), only need the JRE, and should not install the JDK (Java Development (Tool)Kit) unless they are developing Java code. Additionally, Java should be disabled in your browser (i.e. not JavaScript), but if you use Firefox as your browser ( ;) ), then you should be using the Firefox Add-on, NoScript.

-- Tom

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
Note: At most, normal users whom only surf the Internet (web), only need the JRE, and should not install the JDK (Java Development (Tool)Kit) unless they are developing Java code. Additionally, Java should be disabled in your browser (i.e. not JavaScript), but if you use Firefox as your browser ( ;) ), then you should be using the Firefox Add-on, NoScript.
The JDK is not related to the Java Deployment Toolkit. Here is a description of the deployment toolkit:
The Java Deployment Toolkit takes the guess work out of determining what versions of the Java Platform end users have installed on their PCs. It supplies Java based web applet/application deployers with a simple JavaScript interface. This greatly increases the ease of detections of users' Java environment, as well as the ease of Java Platform deployment.
I found that here and I found that link on another site. I believe the deployment toolkit gets installed with the JRE.

Peace...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online