1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mozilla email video playback??

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by montemag, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montemag

montemag Thread Starter

hello people--
    I am using Mozilla firefox since IE is really slow and my google chrome has too many glitches as well. Everything works great on Mozilla except that I get quite a few emails from a site called Mens Health. IN a lot of the emails - there are videos and MOST of the videos that need to be opened when I click on an exercise within the email sent to me does NOT open. I am not sure what I need to install as per plug ins or add on's to enable me to have these videos open. In the body of the email- it shows the explanation of the video with a huge blank space where the video should be and it never opens -- it just remains a huge blank space(white). Any ideas???
    I have downloaded the flash plug in - but that does not seem to help the problem at all and I do now want to keep downloading or installing plug ins that I do not need or want to clutter up the browser with.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Videos don't usually open in the email. They either open a browser or a media player. What type of links are in the email? I assume it's a link to a website or a direct link to the media file?

3. montemag

montemag Thread Starter

I thank you---I did a flash player update and now when I click on the email and the new page opens so does the video as well as the description.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1162005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice