1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mozilla favorite file

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by skeeter5000, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skeeter5000

skeeter5000 Thread Starter

Hi All

Can someone tell me what the Mozilla Favorites file is called and where it is located.

Thanks

2. starman2002

starman2002

Are you looking for the equivalent of IE favorites?If so they are called Bookmarks.They should be located at the top of the browser.

3. hewee

hewee

4. skeeter5000

hewee,

I need to ask for you to be more specific about where the favorites/bookmarks file is located. I appreciate your wanting me to learn something, but don't recongize anything in the profile subject commented about. Three listing about bookmarks in Mozilla profile has a Microsoft "E" logo at the start. Maybe what I am looking for, just not sure.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your reply.

5. hewee

hewee

For Mozilla they are called bookmarks.

If you have windows 98 then look here and your see the bookmark.html file.

"C:\\Windows\\ApplicationData\\Mozilla\\Profiles\\profilename\\ab12cd3e.slt\\bookmarks.html"

Yours my be like this:
    "C:\\Windows\\ApplicationData\\Mozilla\\Profiles\\Skeeter\\ab12cd3e.slt\\bookmarks.html"

Where it says "ab12cd3e.slt" it can be any another name.

He hee you could just do a search with find for bookmark and it will find it also. :)

The bookmark.html that is in your Mozilla profile may have the IE logo if IE is set as your Default. If you make Mozilla your default then it should show the Mozilla icon logo.

6. skeeter5000

Thanks hewee,

Didn't know about the icon thing. I just made MYIE2 my default and wanted to import the bookmarks to it. I had used find and was reluctant to use what was listed.

Thank you.

7. hewee

hewee

Yep you got the right file and do know what the file is. You can do what I have done and make a backup of your user folder now that you know where it is.
    I also have made more then one bookmark.html files.
    Your only see the one bookmark.html that shows as your bookmarks but you can see the other by just clicking on them. Have a bookmark, bookmark1 and bookmark2.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163611

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice