Mozilla Firefox 2.0 Beta 1 Released

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If you are currently using Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.4, the install of Mozilla Firefox 2.0 Beta 1 will not interfere with nor overwrite 1.5.0.4.

2.0 Beta 1 will install in a separate folder in C:\Program Files and will allow you to run it independent of 1.5.0.4.

This appears to be an ideal way of checking out 2.0 Beta 1 without losing 1.5.0.4.

You can download 2.0 Beta 1 from here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
It's working fine for me for what it gets used for. And like I previously said, it doesn't overwrite or interfere with the 1.5.0.4 version, so it's like having 2 separate Firefox browsers in your computer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yea, i think that's normal behavior on the Firefox download and installs. Whenever I've updated to the next version of Firefox, it would simply install into a new directory, leaving my previous install untouched. Even better, during the installation of the latest and greatest Firefox version, it would ask me if I would like to import my bookmarks from my previous versions! Gotta Firefox... Good stuff...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online