Mozilla Firefox 8.0 Final Released!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Doesnt FF auto update when there is a new version ?
As far as I know, the only way it'll self-update is when you click Help - About Firefox.

-------------------------------------------------------

Does not tell you anymore what add-ons will not work on newer version after you skipped a couple versions that change faster then the people can update the add-ons. I have version 3 still but they had so many short time versions where they came out and a month later a all new version is out.
It's like they are just playing a numbers game any more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Firefox

Just look at the dates and how short lived many version are lately. Many version just this year and it's like they come out and a month later a new version.
How can the people that make add-ons keep up? After version 2 it seems that it's harder to update add-ons because it use to be if a update killed a add-on they would update the add-on within about a week. No it can kill them for good or takes months and months but then FF has newer version so your updated add-on will not work. Many had to make more then one of the same add-ons for what ever version of FF your using.

When the add-ons being the thing that makes Firefox so great it's sad to see they are making it harder and harder on those that make the add-ons.

This is the same for Thunderbird.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Mozilla_Thunderbird

dotty999

Dotty
As far as I know, the only way it'll self-update is when you click Help - About Firefox.

-------------------------------------------------------
when I did that recently it only showed an update of 3.something, can't quite remember as I was using 3.6, it was only when another member mentioned there was a version 7.0.1 that I realized I was way behind!

dotty999

Dotty
I still don't understand why my latest version check didn't show the 7.0.1 release

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Didn't version 7 just get released?
Mozilla is on the Indy 500 fast track with upgrading Firefox. There are already beta releases out for 9 and 10.

---------------------------------------------------------

dotty999

Dotty
can someone please tell me why when I checked for updates it didn't go as far as 7.0.1?

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Maybe this is why...

Firefox 8 officially releases on Mozilla's site on November 8th, but technology blog GHacks discovered this morning that the Firefox 8.0 final version is already available for download for Windows, Mac, and Linux on Mozilla's FTP servers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online