1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mozilla Firefox not sync bookmarks

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tradesource, Aug 11, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. tradesource

tradesource Thread Starter

Hey tech guys,

usually I can fetch bookmark folder to chrome from Mozilla FireFox,
    recently, re-installed windows, and all other apps, but when I logged to FireFox mozilla,, I can't find my bookmarks synced (as usual) inthe past years, so the only option to keep my bookmarks was to import it from chrome, and when tried to fetch back to chrome,, can't,
    I tried several times, removed and re-installed firefox,, but the issu still there,,
    is there anything wrong with this option?
    thanks,

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Try exporting as a HTML from Chrome and import it in Firefox.

Side Note, if you create a FireFox account, your bookmarks will be synced to the cloud, just like Chrome does so it will help with this unfortunate mess.

3. tradesource

tradesource Thread Starter

Hey there, I mentioned this already,, and I'm doing this now, since it's the only option,, but it takes some extra time compared to the other option when sync the bookmarks between browsers,
    Even now I still can syn bookmarks from chrome into firefox mozilla, but can't do the opposite sync from firefox to chrome!
    thanks anyway for the sharing!

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Hmm I didn't check to see if we could do that after the first time loading Chrome. I do see that there is an option to import from FF to Chrome, something I don't normally look for. I did try it and was able to import from FireFox to Chrome. It created a folder in my bookmarks called Imported from Firefox. Perhaps it was imported in a folder rather into the main toolbar in error?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice