Mozilla Firefox problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

auhutch

I currently use Mozilla Firefox as my default browser. Lately I have been unable to use the browser. It says connected to www.yahoo.com, but will not display anything. I can use Internet Explorer without any problems. I've tried scanning with Panda to see if there was a virus, but it said my computer was clean. I also tried uninstalling it and reloading it, that didn't work either. Please help, I really prefer to use Mozilla over IE. Thanks!

Make sure that File> Work Offline is not checked.
Check Tools> Options> Advanced tab> Network tab > under Connection click Settings button.
Make sure Direct connection to the Internet radio button is ticked, unless you use a proxy.
Make sure that your firewall program is configured to allow internet access to Firefox.
After a Firefox update, as some firewalls require permission to allow an updated program to access the internet. If none of this helps you might try this:
Type: about:config in the address bar, press Enter.
Find: network.dns.disableIPv6 in the list.
Double click the line to change to true.
Restart Firefox and try again. If that doesn't help, go back and change to false.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online