1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mozilla Firefox registry scan offer...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Shamou, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shamou

Shamou Thread Starter

I received the following registry cleaner offer in a pop-up... which appears to be from Firefox... ...is that a common pop-up sent randomly or has Firefox any reason to believe that my system might need it...???

[​IMG]

2. Roblobob

Roblobob

It's just a pop-up ad like any other, ignore it. :)

3. hewee

hewee

Better turn on your pop up blocker.

4. Shamou

Shamou Thread Starter

...never had a pop up show up before... guess those guys at Mozilla are smarter than other folks... :) :p

5. Augie65

Augie65

Shamou,
    Firefox does a good job of blocking popups, but occasionally one gets through.
    It is set by default, but check,
    Tools> Options> Content tab> make sure that Block Popup Windows is checked.
    The only extension that I have installed in Firefox is Adblock. I was having a few popups and installed Adblock and added the popups to it and have not had any since. If you have a new popup, you just add it to the program and it will block the source.

6. Shamou

Shamou Thread Starter

Thank you Augie...

That is the only pop up I ever received... and I just wanted to make certain that it was not sent to me because they had detected something wrong with my registry...

...thank you for the suggestion...

7. hewee

hewee

Shamou,

There are many types of popups. So if you get one just now and then I would not worry.
    If it is a site your always wanting to go to then you may want to do more so you don't see them.

You could find out where they come from and add the site to your hosts file too.

Firefox does better then netscape too.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!