1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mozilla Firefox Server Error

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by comtrain9, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. comtrain9

comtrain9 Thread Starter

Forum, after using my Mozilla Firefox very successfully today for a while. I went off line for a couple of hours and left my pc. When I returned I saw a message from Adobe that they wanted me to download their latest Flash Player. I said OK. While they were downloading that and my Norton was telling me it was safe, they were also simultaneously downloading the McAffee Security Scan Plus, which was automatic. I couldn't stop it. I then removed the McAfee Security Scan Plus (I already have Norton, Malwarebytes, and Superantispyware). I found that I could still get on line through Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, but unable to get on to the MSN site through Mozilla Firefox, which is my "main" browser-although I'm not sure I made Firefox my default browser.

Whenever I click on the Mozilla Firefox icon through my Desktop page to access the net, I get the following error message in bold colors:

Server Error

403--Forbidden: Access is Denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

What gives? Again, so far I can access IE and Chrome but NOT Firefox. I will say that I was unable to access IE either for a while. I kept say that "http:///" is not a valid e-mail address (for IE). Somehow, I managed to fix that problem. Again, Chrome is working OK. But Firefox has remained inaccessible.

Any advice appreciated. Steve

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8131 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 153599 MB, Free - 108795 MB; D: Total - 783171 MB, Free - 782975 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., M70AD
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. vembutech

vembutech Banned

Hi,

Try clearing the cache..

Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.

Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
    "Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:

Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"

Hope this solves.. !!!

3. comtrain9

comtrain9 Thread Starter

Thank You.

Ummm.....Where do find the sequence of Tools>Options>Advanced>Network>Offline Storage (Cache) and Tools>Options>Privacy>Cookies in Windows 8.1? I need to know for the future.

I say, "future," because, at least for now, the problem has been corrected. Don't know if there was some maintenance going on with the server or some other problem, but things seem to be OK for Mozilla Firefox.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    The version of Windows makes no difference. Firefox is the same in 8.1 as it is in 7.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    By the way, Mozilla Firefox 36.0.3 was released today.

----------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145021

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice