1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mozilla Firefox won't load

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by TheSlayerM, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheSlayerM

TheSlayerM Thread Starter

Hio!

So, my browser won't open since recently. I've been using Firefox via Sandboxie and neither would open, so I uninstalled both programs and reinstalled just Mozilla but that didn't help.
    Explorer is working just fine.
    When I open Windows Task Manager it displays firefox as an active process with 32.428 K of memory usage but not as a current application obviously.
    I tried runing firefox in safe mode and sometimes it opens, sometimes not.

So, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated since I really don't like using Explorer! :)

2. jbm1991

jbm1991

go into the proccesses list in task manager and click on the firefox.exe proccess so that it become highlighed/selected. click "end proccess" in the bottom right corner and click ok when the warning box pops up. try launching firefox again.

3. TheSlayerM

Yeah, did that already. didn't work :(

4. jbm1991

jbm1991

ah right, sorry. have you installed any add-ons?

5. TheSlayerM

well..I did install the winamp toolbar.you think there maybe lies the problem?

6. jbm1991

jbm1991

possibly, i doubt it but it would explain why it occasionally works in safe mode. did it work alright up till the point you installed win amp tool bar?

7. TheSlayerM

well, when i think about it now, it could be. i'll try removing the toolbar and see what happens. it could even be that my firewall's blocking it.
    get back to you :)

8. TheSlayerM

ok, removed the toolbar and all the extensions. it opened once and then again nothing. bit irritating ;)
    so, now waiting for some wisdom...

9. Augie65

Augie65

Create a new profile to see if your profile is corrupt.
    If all fails, then do a clean install. You will have to delete your profile, because uninstalling
    Firefox doesn't remove your profile folder. Make a copy of any files you want to save in the profile folder like bookmarks.

10. TheSlayerM

hello augie :)

fixed the problem! had some leftover files that i failed to clean up previously and reinstalled! everything is working as it should. finally... didn't know how used i was to the damn thing :D

thanks for your help and thank you too jbm1991!

11. Augie65

Augie65

You are very welcome.:)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/669155

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice