1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MP3/CD burner question

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by chris in va, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chris in va

chris in va Thread Starter

Here's something I don't fully understand. I have 4 MP3 files I want to burn, each around 10mb. When I go to burn them, it states I've over-run the available space on the CDR. What I don't get is why the 700mb CDR doesn't equal 40mb's of MP3's? Am I doing something wrong when burning?

2. kramnnim

kramnnim

The CD burning program is wanting to convert the mp3 files to CD audio files, which would be playable in a regular CD player. I assume you're wanting to burn a data CD, would keep the data as .mp3, but they files will NOT be playable in a regular CD player. You can play them on your PC, or in a MP3 CD player...

What burning program are you using? Look for a "New Data CD" (or something to that extent) somewhere in the menu...

3. slipe

slipe

To expand on what kramnnim said;

MP3s are compressed files. When you have your burning software record them as “audio” it converts them to CDA wave files that can be played in any entertainment CD player. The software has to decompress the MP3s to make CDA files and they take about 8-10 times the space of the MP3s. 40Mb of MP3s should fit on a 700Mb CD though.

If you record them as “data’ they will be recorded as MP3 files and be the same size. But you can only play them on your computer or a dedicated MP3 player that takes CDs.

Try to record them with Feurio. The free demo is full featured and not restricted: http://www.feurio.net/English/index.shtml

4. chris in va

chris in va Thread Starter

Oh ok, that makes sense. So I take it if I record as 'data CD' my 4 year old Alpine won't like it. I was wondering why my friend's car CD player said 'MP3' on it. Guess that's why!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice