1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MP3 CD making...need help

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by sleekluxury, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sleekluxury

sleekluxury Thread Starter

Hey, i dont know where to post this but i have a question:

To burn an mp3 cd, do you just burn the cd as a "data cd" and make all the folders and everything, or do you have to get a special program that encodes these discs. need help quick. thanx.
    o...and if i alredy have them in .mp3 format then do i just burn it as a "data disc" if not..
    anyone know any good freeware mp3 burners? thanx.

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

For most mp3 players, all you have to do is burn them to disk as a data cd. Welcome.

3. joe2cool

joe2cool

Hi didn't realise burning as data there'd play in mp3 players ? Use EZ CD Creator Plat 5 & burn as MP3.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you burn MP3's as audio, they're converted to audio format. If you want them as MP3's, you just treat them as data.

5. GRudger

GRudger

if you do it that way, you also burn a playlist file usually called "playlist.m3u" this allows you to ... to create and organise a playlist basically! but i think most good portable players can anyway, not sure though.

http://www.mp3-converter.com/dbpoweramp.htm

6. GRudger

GRudger

oh, that link above is for sleekluxury, DMC audio CD input can rip mp3 for cds and it uses LAME, which seems to be the best, and its free and small

7. GRudger

GRudger

rip mp3's FROM cds i mean

8. wolfworx

wolfworx

I make MP3 CD's all the time. Usually I "read" my original CD and store the tracs as MP3 files on my local hard drive using MusicMatch software. While online I can get the album, artist and track information which is stored as part of each MP3 file. I can even get the album cover graphic.

I can now select a mix of tracks from various albums, and burn them on a Data CD using Roxio Easy CD Creator or drag and drop to a formatted CD using Direct CD. I can easily put 100 or more selections on a single CD, but usually limit it to about 50.

BTW, I am an avid audio book "reader" and usually convert a "book set" of 5 to 15 conventional CDs to MP3 files. I can usually get a whole, unabridged novel on a single CD!

I play the MP3 CDs using a portable CD player with MP3 capability. If you are planning to buy any CD players, be sure they can play MP3 data CDs.

Hope this is helpful.

9. joe2cool

joe2cool

Cheers Guys !

10. tiradora

tiradora

I also had that same dilema, MusicMatch offers a free software in wich you can convert your music into mp3 and then burn it as a regular audio cd or mp3 format.
    What I did was to buy a decent amplifier and $60.00 dollar dvd player with the capabilities to play vcv, cd, mp3, dvd, and photo's cd. I also have a friend that bought a $400.00 system that only plays dvd's, so is actually your choice.
    By the way my system sound a whole lot better than my friends.
    Good Luck.
    Tiradora.:p

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice