MP3 Device Unrecognized

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ebony

I just bought a MP3 player on e Bay. It doesn't need a driver. When I plug it into the USB port of my computer the device is not recognized.There is a photo of a computer and the device on the window of the player with an arrow between them. Above are the words "Connect" Nothing happens. I do the same procedure on my wife's computer and the arrow starts moving and the computer recognizes a USB device. We both have XP Home installed. I tried it on another USB port but still nothing. Any comments.?

Two possibilities:

Try installing via Control Panel => Add Hardware

or ...

Go to your wife's computer and in Device Manager locate the device. Right-click => Properties => Driver Details. Note down the names and location of these drivers and copy them to the same location in your computer. Repeat the Add Hardware routine if you have to.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online