.mp3 file Properties Summary are not right.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stranglehold

Why do some mp3 files not show the complete list of properties?

When I right click and call up the Properties and then Summary, some of my files only have some of the properties lists. Thme most important one I need is the Music group. Where I can type in the Artist and Album Title.

If they are missing the Music group, how do I get it back or add it?

Thanks

those tags are embedded in the file.

when the file is created those tags could be filled or empty.
sometimes just title filled. maybe title and artist.

there are tag editors that can add or edit those tags
in an already existing file.

mp3 players will work with those tags for control
and selection.

stranglehold

I can edit the field tags that are there, it's just that all of the fields are not there.

I will post some screen shots later.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
There are tons of MP3 tag editing utilities, no need to use the primitive tools suppled with Windows. Media Tagger is a decent free one, and Tag&Rename is an excellent pay one.

stranglehold

Well, Apparently I had my head up my arse. I was selecting a group of files and must have included an m3u file in the group. The icon windows shows is very similar, and I did not notice.

There was another question I had concerning tagls that contain special characters like "/", but
I will try out Media Tagger before I expose any more of my brilliance. :lol:

Thanks John.

Special characters are OK to use in the tags, but not in the filenames. For consistancy, it's good to have the tags match the filenames. So when a tag editor creates a filename from the tag, it will susbstitute an underscore for any special character.

stranglehold

Windows does not like a "/" in the tag., but I was able to get it in there with Media Tagger.

Example; AC/DC would sometimes just show up as AC or DC when using the windows feature.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Most of the tag utilities will allow invalid characters in the names. Like previously suggested, I make the name/artist compatible with Windows file names, because my last step is to rename the file with Artist - Title.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online