1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mp3 Files

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by cdiana1, Nov 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdiana1

cdiana1 Thread Starter

OS WINDOWS 98 SE
    120 MHZ
    MEGA IMAGE LAPTOP

MY MP3 FILES SOUND LIKE MAX HEADROOM, I USE WINAMP BUT SOMETIMES THEY PLAY OK AND SOMETIMES IT JUST REPEATS
    DO I NEED TO PARTITION MY HD, OR HOW DO I SAVE OR CREATE ONE SPACE FOR THE SONG BEEN PLAYED SO THAT IT WONT DO THE REPEATING THING, ALL THE RAM AVAILABLE HAS BEEN INSTALLED AND THE PROBLEM STILL PERSITS.
    I LIKE TO USE THIS LAPTOP ONLY FOR SAVING AND PLAYING MUSIC IF ONLY I COULD FIX THIS PROBLEM.
    THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR HELP.

2. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

sounds to me like you just need to increase the full file buffer for the nullsoft mpeg input plugin, so the mp3 playing loads entirely in memory. Maybe increase priorities in Winamp. Try direct sound output plugin and increase buffer. Or increase buffer wave output plugin if using that.

Or you can decrease the mp3 quality a little for the mpeg input plugin.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58801

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice