mp3 help! cell phone

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skip89

Hello,

I purchased Motorola Phone Tools and a USB cable to transfer some of my mp3's to my cell phone. When I uploaded them successfully, the quality was greatly reduced and I can't figure out a way to modify them - it sounds very scratchy when I set it as a ringtone. I don't see any option that the program gives me to modify bitrate, etc (my friend uses BitPim which is not compatable with my phone, but his ringers are much higher quality). If anyone can help me increase the quality, I'd appreciate it!

some extra info in the "preview" section when I'm about to send it to my phone:

44,100 Hz
Quality: 16 bit stereo

Thanks!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I've uploaded ringtones to my RAZR v3 using the Mobtime Phone Tools, cost $15, and the quality is excellent. I refused to pay the Motorola prices for their tools...

skip89

i need quality for my ringtones not quantity... how can i update my mp3's to play w/o static

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If they play properly on your computer, it doesn't sound like an MP3 file issue to me.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online