1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mp3 help! cell phone

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by skip89, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skip89

skip89 Thread Starter

Hello,

I purchased Motorola Phone Tools and a USB cable to transfer some of my mp3's to my cell phone. When I uploaded them successfully, the quality was greatly reduced and I can't figure out a way to modify them - it sounds very scratchy when I set it as a ringtone. I don't see any option that the program gives me to modify bitrate, etc (my friend uses BitPim which is not compatable with my phone, but his ringers are much higher quality). If anyone can help me increase the quality, I'd appreciate it!

some extra info in the "preview" section when I'm about to send it to my phone:

44,100 Hz
    Quality: 16 bit stereo

Thanks!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I've uploaded ringtones to my RAZR v3 using the Mobtime Phone Tools, cost $15, and the quality is excellent. I refused to pay the Motorola prices for their tools...

3. skip89

skip89 Thread Starter

i need quality for my ringtones not quantity... how can i update my mp3's to play w/o static

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If they play properly on your computer, it doesn't sound like an MP3 file issue to me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/497867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice