1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MP3 on CD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by NiceLuckyLady, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NiceLuckyLady

NiceLuckyLady Thread Starter

I have been buying books on CD in MP3 format. Just bought Stephen King 11/22/63 and it will not play in my car CD/MP3 player. Other books play fine as I put an older MP3 in and it still plays fine. The new CD MP3 plays in various versions of media player. The MP3 player in my car recognizes it as an MP3 but ll it does is count off the tracks and does not play anything. Can anyone tell me what is happening.:confused: I have written to Amazon and Schuster and Simon AudioWorks but somehow they never get what I am asking and responded as if I was asking about MP3 music downloads. I believe their tech suppot is overseas and I am not sure they read English.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

MP3 is a file format, and an audio CD is a completely different thing. What exactly did you buy? What files are on the disk?

3. jamwaky

jamwaky

Have you tried a different cd/mp3 player to see if the cd's were at fault.

In my last car, the cd/mp3 player was a bit shaky an sometimes didn't play them properly.

4. NiceLuckyLady

Same thing I have been buying from Amazon for a while they are books on CD and some are in mp3 format. Which is great because this book if not in MP3 format was on 30 cds vice the 3 cds in the MP3 format.

5. NiceLuckyLady

It will play in any computer I have put it in and it plays fine. Is a very good story which I am almost done with full 30 hours. Have been listening on compurter while working.

6. NiceLuckyLady

Are you sure you can read english??

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Amazon sells all kinds of stuff. Telling me you're buying books on CD from Amazon doesn't tell me exactly what you have. Are you actually purchasing physical CD disks? If so, open one in a computer and look at the files on it. What are they? Do they have a .MP3 extension? Or is is actually .CDA?

Are they from Amazon.com directly? A reseller? Private party?

8. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Quick check: Try to play the CD in a CD player that is not your car or a computer. If they play in computers but not in CD players, either Amazon has it copyrighted and does not want you to play them in a CD player, or they are not in MP3 format. If they play in other CD players but not your car, your car's system is suspect.

9. Hughv

Hughv

I notice the Amazon ad calls this MP3 "Ipod ready." I'm not sure what that means, but it may involve some sort of playback restrictions.

10. Gomar

Gomar

First Name:
    Gomar
    now why would anyone buy 30 audio cds of a book, or even MP3s on 3 CDs, when DVDs have been around 10+ years?!

Why cant studios release all music content on DVDs instead of CDs? Time to scrap the old CD format.

PS: are those MP3s in folders? car players cant read folders, only in root files.

11. Hughv

Hughv

It's obvious:There are a gajillion CD players in cars and damn few DVD players.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice