Mp3 Player As External hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mdc017

I would really like to know how to use an mp3 player as an external hard drive. I have a 16GB hard drive and a 30GB mp3 player. It says u can use the creative jukebox zen xtra as an external hard drive but whenever its plugged in and i try to save or download a file to it it doesnt show up under my computer.

G'day mdc017, there are a couple of considerations needed, the currently installed operating system needs to have the specific drivers loaded to support USB items, I suspect we are talking USB-2 here, with W-xp this equates to SP-1 or later and with other windows programs it need checking.
If everything is working properly whenever you plug the USB device into a hot system it should show as something detected and stuff for it loaded or appear as an item in the tray near the clock. (for windows) With a removeable drive icon showing in my computer. This should perform similarly to an oversize floppy.
Control + dragging and dropping is probably the easiest way to put stuff on your flashdrivé. MP3 player type machines usually work excellently.
If you install a bootable program to the flashdrive you will need to have a motherboard suitable and configged to boot from removeable devices with the USB boot enabled in BIOS.
This works well with o/s programs like "puppy linux".
Cheers, qldit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online