1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mp3 player not showing up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by acopiertech, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. acopiertech

acopiertech Thread Starter

I'm having trouble installing my daughters mp3 player. It is supposed to show up as two removable drives. On my machine(win98se), and her machine(win98se) it does not show up. If I look in device manager, I shows up, and everything looks normal. I installed it on my laptop(win98se)it shows up as two removable drives as it should. It connects with usb, everything seemed to load normaly. I checked microsoft for usb updates,none. I flashed the mp3 with the newest firmware. I called tech support, they are clueless. Thanks for any input.

2. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Hi acopiertech - welcome to TSG. :)

What make/model of MP3 player?

Do you have other USB devices connected properly to your two W98se systems in question? Is USB enabled in the BIOS on these two systems?

3. acopiertech

The mp3 player is a Classic MP6410 by Emiglobal.
    I use digital cameras on the desktops, the cameras connect with usb.

4. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

I see their site doesn't offer an online manual . . . :(

You said you checked Microsoft's site about USB updates - did you try updating Windows?

When you say it is supposed to show up as "two removable drives", I assume you mean in Explorer?

5. acopiertech

I used windows update, nothing about usb. Also spent some time searching to knowlege base.
    When I connect the mp3 unit to my laptop it shows as two seperate drives in win explorer, or if I just double click on "my computer".
    One drive is the built in ram, the other drive is the removable ram card.

6. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Does the software program for it appear in your Add/Remove programs within Control Panel?

Have you tried removing the software program (through Add/Remove programs) and reinstalling it on the affected systems?

7. acopiertech

It's fixed. I had device manager list by connection, then dug down through -plug&play-pci-pci to usb-usb host, and found the devices there. I went into the properties and found an empty check box for removeable, checked it, rebooted, all is good. Thank you for responding so quickly,I had given up and you promted me to keep plugging away.

8. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Hey! You da man! That's so great you got it fixed. :) I'm glad it is working for you.

Have fun!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114583

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice