1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MP3 player problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by greymatter500, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greymatter500

greymatter500 Thread Starter

Hi everybody - I'm new in town - please be gentle with me!!!
    I think I've done something stupid and don't know how to clear up the mess.
    I have an MP3 player - I'm not even sure of the make as I got it off e-bay and the instructions are fairly useless. It was working perfectly.... then I copied across a couple of large audio book files These somehow got corrupted in transit and I found that the directories contained several other files of one that was already on there.
    Trying to delete them proved impossible as I kept getting messages that the directory wasnt emply and on checking it had all regenerated itself.
    I finally managed to move all the troublesome directories into the one they were showing bits of but that wouldnt delete either. This is where I went totally stupid - using the player itself I deleted the directory - thinking I could just re-copy everything back. And everything on there went totally.
    It now shows as totally empty when viewed on the computer and on the player, but the computer system tells me it is part full. When I have tried to move new fles to it says "Cannot copy XXXXX the directory or file cannot be created"
    Can anyone advise?

2. greymatter500

greymatter500 Thread Starter

Thank you everybody for your assistance (sic)
    Fortunately I was advisied by a bloke in a shop of the best action to take - which worked
    I will not be visiting htis forum again

3. ProWFP

ProWFP

Lol, maybe no one replied to you because you got bumped off the 1st page of the forum? thats what normally happens, if you won't come back, why're you still online? o_o

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice