MP3 player suggestions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

smooth

Garrett
Hey everybody :D

Not sure if I should post it here, or the Reviews forum, but here goes. ;)

I've been wanting to get a MP3 player for some time now, but just haven't figured out which one to get. IPOD's seem to be nice, but not sure if they are the best out there.

Basically what I want is a nice sized hard drive on it. I want to be able to upload a lot of music on it, so that I don't have to worry about running out of room. I noticed that some of the IPOD's have a 40 GB drive on them, which is a lot of room. :eek:

Do these IPOD's also have video capability? As in I could take a .wmv or quicktime movie and put on the IPOD, and then watch the video whenever I wanted?

Just some various questions. :D Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I hate to rant, but Ipods are the most failure-prone mobile device I have ever had the misfortune of working with. The software on them is glitchy and frequently has to be updated, and they just don't take normal wear and tear use well at all. Spring for an mp3 player from Creative. I'm saying this with absolutely no bias - I don't even own an MP3 player.

smooth

Garrett
Thanks for the honesty. :D

I really don't know much about MP3 players. I've seen Creative ones around, and didn't know if they were a good buy or not.

I get nervous with buying things like this, since I am going to be spending a lot of money on something that I want to last a long time. :D Can you get Creative ones with a lot of space for music?

Any other suggestions?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I have a RIO Chiba that I've had for some time. It's made MANY trips, and been dropped any number of times, and it still works as well as the day I got it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online