MP3 player with stereo/hi-fi speakers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wonderful

hi everyone,
i need a new stereo! instead of buying an actual stereo i was thinking about just buying 1 (or 2) hifi speakers, and plugging them into my MP3 player. but i dont know how safe it is, i know you can buy small speakers for portable cd players and MP3 players, but they sound tiny and look like poo. my mp3 player is:

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/store/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccehaddgkdghlelcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=067518&category_oid=
(for specs if you need them)

if you know its safe, and my mp3 player is good for the job, some specifications on good speakers would be great help!

cheers

wonderful

You'll have a hard time driving speakers with an MP3 player. You are going to need some sort of amplifier.

The amplifier is almost certainly "mono" (1 channel) the mp3 player is sterero (2 channel).

So the amplifier will work but your sound will be lacking a lot of content....

The amplifier is 6 watts, the speaker is rated at 12 watts. But its only capable of receiving 6 watts from that amp.

You would need a mono 6.5mm jackplug to stereo 3.5mm jackplug lead, but you have to decide how the lead should be wired.

You could resistively combine the mp3 player L+R channels, but that will not usually be a feature of any pre-made leads. You will probably need to make yor own.

Bottom line is, you will not end up with a stereo, only a "mono"

wonderful

oh ok, forget about that then. ill probably just buy some good computer speakers or something

cheers for your help

wonderful

wonderful

dad's just given me a lead with both ends 3.5MM jack, works perfect.
thanks for your help people

wonderful

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online