1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mp3 players

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by gurky, Nov 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gurky

gurky Thread Starter

I'd like to buy an mp3 player, like one I had years ago (forgot the brand). It had a small screen
    and the mp3 files were arranged in folders, just as on my laptop, and I could choose a given
    folder to be played. That might be all four movements of a concerto in one folder, or the like.

I looked at some newer ones and it seems that the files are arranged as "songs", in some weird
    order, not in folders.

So, are there modern mp3 players that arrange the files in folders to be played?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Many modern media players support using playlists. Would creating playlists and not keeping your audio files in separate sub-folders work for you?

3. cornemuse

cornemuse

I have a NAXA $10 on sale player cheap! I got for going to the gym. It supports folders but I would need bifocals to read the screen, I just have all files in the 'root' dir. I replaced one from banging it or sweat or I donno, why I got a cheapie

Get pdf here: (edit->) click on 'support'

http://www.naxa.com/products/audio/portable-audio/mp3-players/nm-105.html

-c-

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    We own four mp3 players. IMHO, the very best player made was the SanDisk Clip+ (we have two of those). Someone gave me an Ativa, Office Max/Depot branded player. It doesn't have a micro sd slot like the SanDisk players.
    I put songs in folders so I can play certain tunes.

Earlier this year i bought a SanDisk Clip Zip just in case one of the older Clip+ players dies.

You might want to read discussions of mp3 players at the Anything But iPod forum, abi
    http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=7499830b28256f695ee9bbb41ed49ed4&f=65

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1198785

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice