Solved MP3 Rocket turned into Monster

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rudy2206

I have used MP3 Rocket for several years for its' incredible library of music. Started having problems a couple of months ago. Could not get it to play a preview. Thought I'd just download and install the latest version. DO NOT DO THAT! The copy I downloaded had two trojans and about 600 malware items. All I can say is thanks to the wise and knowledgeable people here the only thing that is still messed up is Java. Have downloaded JavaRa and will get that problem fixed. Unbelievable MP3 Rocket is now just a container of Trojans and malware. At one time it was my go-to music source. I see there were a lot of people here that were having all sorts of problems. Had no idea it was that popular.

plodr

Liz
JavaRa doesn't work. The last version was 4 or 5 years ago.

Do you need Java? I haven't had it on any computer since 2014. I removed in 2014 from XP and never installed it on the four Windows 7 computers in the house.

To remove it, I tried JavaRa which said it removed it but it didn't. I then use Revo Uninstaller and it removed everything but the control panel icon for Java. That icon I found in C:\Windows\system32
It is JAVACPL.CPL
I manually erased that.

Rudy2206

Yeah, I noticed that JavaRa did nothing. Not sure if I need Java or not. Was at my pharmacies web site and clicked on the "see employees" button. It wouldn't work without Java. It would not install for several attempts. Don't know why but after an optimizing program I had downloaded to check out ran, Java installed easily. If that web site is all I run into for a while, will probably uninstall it. Just one less way hackers might try and infest.

plodr

Liz
Was at my pharmacies web site and clicked on the "see employees" button. It wouldn't work without Java.
Usually website require javascript. That is an entirely different thing.
If something doesn't work on a website, I usually fire up noscript (an addon to control javascript) and figure out what I have to enable to see what I want.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online