MP3's render?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

/\/\r.Abdul

Hi fellas and Gals can someone please tell of some software that will re-render or somthing(not familiar with this so bare with me) my mp3's to get better quality ive been told but this can be done but no software was mentioned.

Help will be much apreciated.

/\/\r.Abdul

The "quality" of the mp3's is determined by the compression (the bit rate).

You cannot make them better, the extra information simply does not exist, it was lost during the original compression into mp3.

You need to revert to the original from which the mp3 was made from and re-encode it at a higher bit rate (which will be a larger file size)

/\/\r.Abdul

Are you serious damn well that sh!ts on my parade. what about converting ".WMV" to MP3 is that possible?

MysticEyes

Banned
/\/\r.Abdul said:
Are you serious damn well that sh!ts on my parade. what about converting ".WMV" to MP3 is that possible?
Note that they probably sound worse than the original WMA's.

Nero has what they call MP3 Pro. It can rip music off of a cd or an mp3 that has been downloaded and convert or 'encode' it to an "improved mp3" It is supposed to have a quality equal to a real cd disk...I don't understand the compression stuff, but I have been using Nero to make mp3 disks of my orginal music cds. And they sound great. You can put so many of them on one cd!

MysticEyes

Banned
finwood said:
Nero has what they call MP3 Pro. It can rip music off of a cd or an mp3 that has been downloaded and convert or 'encode' it to an "improved mp3" It is supposed to have a quality equal to a real cd disk...
Once a tune has been encoded/compressed to an mp3 that's it... no amount of re-encoding by any means will bring back music information that has been discarded by the compression.

MP3 Pro seems to be a newly developed technology, and Nero 6 has the MP3 Pro Encoder. It is an add on, or plug in, or what ever they call it.

Why mp3PRO Technology?
Listening to music compressed with mp3 at 128 kbps sounds great. But if you go to lower bit rates the great sound starts lacking the high frequency components. At bit rates of 64 kbps and below the music may begin to sound dull. The reason is that mp3 at these bit rates runs out of bits to compress the music in full audio bandwidth and with significant detail. In this situation the developers of mp3 had to decide whether their codec should produce mp3 music with distortion (so called "coding artefacts") or with limited bandwidth. They opted for limited bandwidth. And as a result, you experience lower bit rate mp3 as band-limited music with just a few distortions.

What is mp3PRO Technology?
To improve the sound quality of mp3 at lower bit rates, Coding Technologies has developed an enhancement technology that gives back the sound the high frequency components. The technology is called "Spectral Band Replication" (SBR). SBR is a very efficient method to generate the high frequency components of an audio signal.

More Details
Combining mp3 with the SBR enhancement technology generates an audio signal with high bandwidth at low bit rates. mp3PRO, the resulting audio format is composed out of two components, the mp3 part for the low frequencies and the SBR or "PRO" part for the high frequencies. Since the "PRO" part requires only a few kbps, the format could be done in a way that it is still compatible with the original mp3 format. This fact allows existing mp3 players to play mp3PRO files. They simply ignore the PRO part. The only requirement is that they also have to support sampling rates of 16, 22.5 and 24 kHz along with 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz. While all (mp3 standard compliant) software players fulfil this requirement, not all portable and CD/DVD players do. To learn whether your mp3 player is capable to play mp3PRO files, please check with its manual or manufacturer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online