mp3s Write Protected, Won't Transfer to mp3 Player

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

INJ

My friend is having some problems syncing mp3s to his mp3 player.

He's using Windows XP Home Edition.

He had put mp3s on this player before, and in fact he was in the middle of syncing mp3s to his player, when half way through the list was done syncing, he gets a message that tells him 'The Media is write protected'. He was using Windows Media Player at the time, so he tried on a different program, and he gets the same message again.

He says it's happened to all of his mp3s. He has tried a bunch more songs, but keeps getting the message. This has never happened to him before, and he doesn't know what could be causing the problem, nor do I.

Does anybody know what the problem could be, or know of a solution?

Perhaps if we knew the make and model of the player?
Some have a write protect switch on them .....

Are the MP3's to be transferred located on a hard drive or on a CD or DVD?

Also try a reformat of the device - could just be file corruption.
Page 85 of the user manual tells how.

INJ

He tried to reformat (twice now) but nothing deletes from the mp3 player, and when he tries to put more songs on from the computer, he still can't.

The mp3s are on his computer hard drive, by the way.

INJ

Ok, the reason that the reformating would not clear the mp3s off the player is because of the write protection again. It won't let him take the files off, or put them on.

There's got to be a way to turn off the write protection.

Do you know how kiwiguy?

No
Looked at the manual on-line but have not got the hour or 2 to read it.

Hopefully you have though.

What I did not see was any mention (I did a search) of write protection, so you may need to consider that it is faulty.

INJ

Thanks for all of your help.

My friend is just going to bring it in, and have them fix it or replace it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online