1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MP3s

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by JWhitehead, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JWhitehead

JWhitehead Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jenn
    I know this is going to sound stupid, but I can't seem to find an answer. I got an mp3 player for Christmas. It will accept both WMA or MP3. What is the difference? Which is better?

Any input to this would be great.

* PS - The reason I got it is so that I can take lots of different music with me when I do travelling

2. JWhitehead

First Name:
    Jenn
    I already have the CDs. I am copying them to the computer.

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I generally use WMA for my player because I can cram a few more songs onto it in that format. :) Either will do the job just fine.

5. JWhitehead

First Name:
    Jenn
    Thank you for your replys to this question.

6. Digidave

Digidave

With my Zen Micro, the battery life is less when running wma files. For some reason it takes more power to run wma files. I suppose it has to do a little more processing. It doesn't seem to be a great deal of difference. It probably goes from a 12hr. battery to a 10 1/2 or 11hr. battery. I've never experimented with it that much. But it's something to keep in mind.

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

That's curious, it never even occured to me to check if there was a difference. :D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!