MP3s

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JWhitehead

Jenn
I know this is going to sound stupid, but I can't seem to find an answer. I got an mp3 player for Christmas. It will accept both WMA or MP3. What is the difference? Which is better?

Any input to this would be great.

* PS - The reason I got it is so that I can take lots of different music with me when I do travelling

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I generally use WMA for my player because I can cram a few more songs onto it in that format. :) Either will do the job just fine.

With my Zen Micro, the battery life is less when running wma files. For some reason it takes more power to run wma files. I suppose it has to do a little more processing. It doesn't seem to be a great deal of difference. It probably goes from a 12hr. battery to a 10 1/2 or 11hr. battery. I've never experimented with it that much. But it's something to keep in mind.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
That's curious, it never even occured to me to check if there was a difference. :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online