Solved .MP4 playback issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

perihelio

On my PC running Windows 10 my ability to run .mp4 files has been diminished. When I play an .mp4 I get audio but no video. I suspect a codec issue. Is there a way to determine that and if so a safe site to get what I need to repair. Thanks.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What are you using to play the file? Try VLC Player. It will play just about any audio or video file you can come up with!

perihelio

Thank you both for input. Where no .mp4 from any source (pc or on line) would run any video on the day I made this post....everything normalized the following day (??).

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Stuff happens ... ;-) May it continue working for you!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online