1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MP4 to Windows XP ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by PortriatePainter, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PortriatePainter

PortriatePainter Thread Starter

I can't find any answers yet so I'll ask here...I am using Windows XP...I want to use Windows Movie Maker but I can't import MP4 files...is there a converter or another movie editing program that I might want to investigate.

any help anyone can provide is appreciated...

thanks...Jim :eek:

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Had a similar problem with the vid from my new Sony.
    I used Super

And Welcome to the TSG forum

Attached Files:

3. PortriatePainter

PortriatePainter Thread Starter

Thank you for your info...I downloaded "Super" but I got no instructions on how to use it...I ahve a new Sony video camera with "Bloggoe" soft ware...it seems that the Bloggie software produces an MP4 vodeo...I can play the videos directly from the down loaded bloggie files but I can't do any editing...I have never done any video editing before...I haven't been able to figure out how to get the Bloggie MP4 files into Super and even if I could get them there I don't know what to do with them...I think that I want so convert them to .wmv so Windows Movie Maker can access them for editing...

can you give me a "simple" set of instructions to convert my Bloggie MP4 video files to .vmp files...or can you tell me where to get instructions on how to use Super...

Thank for your help...Jim

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    It took me a lot of trial n error to figure out Super.
    I'm in a hurry .. got to leave soon
    But select you video(s) and Drag n Drop them as shown below ..
    I think the previous attachment shows how I had it set up to convert to use in my XP Movie maker

Attached Files:

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    I'm not sure about the MP4 ...
    My Sony outputs Mpeg2 .. and XP's Movie Maker wont take Mpeg2 .. So I converted to Mpeg1.
    that seemed to look better than wmv.
    I usually created a new folder to put the conversions in.
    Right click anywhere .. and set the output management to point to this (or other) folder.

About a couple of months ago, M$ finally updated W7's Movie Maker 2011 .. so it works now ..
    and I've been using it since .. So, I'm a little rusty with super.
    It's a pain having to wait on the conversions.

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      117.3 KB
      Views:
  6. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Format Factory is a very good converter and considerably less complex than Super

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972271

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice