MP4s work on all MP3 players?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ian80

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of heading to Costco tomorrow and buying a cheap (about $100) MP3 player for the gym. Question: Do MP4s work on all MP3 players? I ask because I buy a lot of music on iTunes. If I can't listen to my iTunes purchases on my MP3 players, it will be pretty much useless.

I'm looking at these models specifically (because that's what they have): Sanyo 512 MB Portable Digital Audio Player, Dell DJ™ Ditty 512 MB Digital Jukebox or the SanDisk® Sansa. Will these play MP4s?

Thanks,
Ian

Hmmm....why not just use companies with a different format, like bonfire or realtunes?

I'm pretty sure they don't. Unless the company specifies they will work I don't think they will.

You can always convert them though.

No, but you can convert the iTMS songs to MP3s by burning them to a CD then ripping the CD back onto your computer as MP3 (all can be done in iTunes).

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
One of the reasons that the download companies use MP4 is that it supports DRM protection. If that's the case here, you'll need a player that supports DRM to use them on it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts