1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mpeg burning

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by cubbycuddly, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cubbycuddly

cubbycuddly Thread Starter

Hi

I have several short mpeg clips, downloaded from the web, that I very much want to burn onto cd. I tried doing it but when I looked at the cd there was just a few unknown files burnt onto it. Yet I dragged and dropped the right mpegs. I used a data cd (here is where I am confused) as other cd's I have state they are for audio, data, and video and other say nothing about this. Maybe its obvious but does this make a difference. I've always learnt as I gone along and been able to burn image and audio onto cd relatively easy. Is burning mpeg onto cd more fussy? I use nero software. I'd be very grateful for some points in the right direction for burning this mpeg cd.

thanks.

cubbycuddly

2. slipe

slipe

Any CDR or RW is fine for recording anything. The CDRs in the store that are for audio have paid royalties to the recording industry and have some code on them to allow them to be written to the CD recorders that attach to stereo systems. You don’t need them for a computer based CD writer. RWs often will not play in entertainment players due to a lower reflectivity.

MPEG 3 files are MP3. If you select to record audio and drag the MP3 files into the record box Nero will convert them to CDA format that can be read by any entertainment player and record them. If you are recording other types of MPEG files that are not compressed music files they have to be recorded as data. MP3 files can also be recorded as data but can only be played on the computer or a dedicated MP3 player.

I don’t know whether the bundled version of Nero has the ability to normalize the volumes. The retail version does. If you don’t have the ability to normalize the volumes and the MPEGs you are recording are MP3 the recording will sound crappy as the volumes usually vary considerably from different sources. Download Feurio: http://www.feurio.net/English/index.shtml The demo is full featured and never expires – good deal. It is audio recording software and will normalize the volumes for you.

3. cubbycuddly

cubbycuddly Thread Starter

Hi

The mpegs that I mean are short video clips not music.

Cubbycuddly.

4. slipe

slipe

It is always in order to update your software and the firmware for your burner. That often clears up glitchy little problems. Nero: http://www.nero.com/en/download.htm The firmware should be on the burner manufacturer’s site.

If you are recording them as data, Nero shouldn’t be doing anything but making a copy – I have no idea why it is getting distorted.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice