1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MPEG locked

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jalb, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jalb

jalb Thread Starter

Hi, I am running a machine with Windows XP on which I do video editing with Pinnacle Studio. Recently, I reformatted my C Drive, on which I'm not sure if Pinnacle was installed. However, the D drive, in which the video files were kept, was not touched. After I got the C drive back with the programs re-installed, I was having troubles accessing those video files. At first, Pinnacle detected them but then said that I was denied access. An hour or so later, the video files weren't even detected by Pinnacle. So I wxplored my D drive, and was trying to move the video files to a different folder so that maybe they would be detected, but all of the sudden they got locked up, and I can't move them to a different folder. Just some information: the video files have companion files, like SCN, SVD, and and Sony Split Index files. I have no clue what these are, but they got slpit up, so I'm thinking that's part of the problem. I'm trying to get all these files back into the same folder, but I get an error message saying : "Cannot move...Access Denied. Make sure the disck is not full or write-protected and that the files is not currently in use." They aren't in use, to my knowledge. I've tried using MoveOnBoot, which failed, and I'm sort of lost. If it helps, the program I uses to save the video files onto the disk is Sony GigaPocket ( I have a VAIO). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

Sounds like those movies had security permissions attachd to them.

Right-Click on the file anc click properties
    Click on Security
    Click on everyone and select all the boxes underneath

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327029

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice