mpeg movie trouble

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

soss

I am making home movies from my mpeg2 video clips downloaded from my Sony DSC-W1 5mp digital camera from a 12-in one memory card reader to my Dell dimension 2400 PC using windows XP-home edition;my digicam uses memory stick pro cards; I edit my video clips in roxio easy media creator 7 and then burn the movies onto various brands of DVD-R & DVD+R 4.7gb blank discs ;using a Sony OEM version DVD-RW drive;its model is DW-D26A-B2; my problem is when I play back these disks on my computer DVD drive and my DVD players the videos skip; or the sound is out of sync with the video or it gets stuck and the video freezes, I have also edited and burned mpeg2 videos using the software program that came with my DVD-RW drive,(it is Sony NTI-DVD maker gold) and I have the same playback problems, I talked to some one in an electronics store and they suggested I might be low on RAM on my computer, right now I have 384MB of RAM on my computer, is this the problem? I have noticed when I was editing in roxio that the clips opened in my documents in windows did get stuck or jump and skip when they were in the story board editing panel; I burn them at high quality or the best roxio has to the DVDs.any input would help as my hard disc space is filling up with these clips. I checked my hard disc space and it read;26.8GB used & 47.6GB free & capacity;74.4GB and roxio's minimum system requirements is 256MB RAM & 1GB available hard disc space for every 5 minutes of video for video capture & 4.5GB available hard disc space for copying DVD-video discs, does my computer meet these requirements does it mean I need 256mb alltogether on the coputer or do I need this much while I am editing or burning in roxio's program? I capture my photos & video clips from my Sony digicam using the software that came with this camera as I have been told that this is the best. Also, does the brand of blank DVD-R & +R make any difference? which is best for mpeg2 movies?+R or -R discs? thank you for any help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online