1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MPEG Video Wizard Audio problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by MaryEM, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MaryEM

MaryEM Thread Starter

Okay, I am stumped. I have my video edited, added music, burned DVD. The DVD video plays fine on DVD, the audio, (music) just stops. First time, I deleted the song were I was having problems. Lat time it happened later in the DVD. Is there any way that I can check the audio to see if it is going to play? Music plays in the video wizzard, windows media player and also in the movie file created.

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

What did you set your output audio (format) at? There are quite a few choices.

3. MaryEM

MaryEM Thread Starter

Okay, I admit I do not have a clue what I set audio output too! I don't even know where to look. What should I have it set for????

4. MaryEM

MaryEM Thread Starter

I found it in Export. Layer I LayerII AC3 and Linear PCM. I did not find the help section very good on this. How do I know which one to use???

5. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Well when I'm doing a full DVD I actually set it here:

[​IMG]

Try AC3 2 channel as LPCM creates a huge file.

6. MaryEM

MaryEM Thread Starter

I will give this a try. I got this this point, I was so stuck. Three times I saved, exported, burned DVD's, checked out the audio file on the time line. Once again you come to my rescue! Thank you again. I will update on how I made out.
    This is a cool skyski video of my friends that I am trying to finish.......

7. MaryEM

MaryEM Thread Starter

I looked at this and the only thing different was the bit rate is set at 9100,
    Should I set it to 9800?
    The audio plays on the DVD maker preview and on the timeline. could it be in the something I am doing in imgburn?

8. MaryEM

MaryEM Thread Starter

I think that the problem is in my audio files. I am going to redo the music and try again. I just tried burning DVD through Nero and the same problem happened. So at least I think I have found whats wrong........

9. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

The video bitrate doesn't affect the audio, nor should the burning program.

10. MaryEM

MaryEM Thread Starter

Sorry, I missed your post earlier. I did some checking into my audio, two files were bad! So, I have learned a lesson, take time and zoom in on the audio peaks, make sure that there is no flat lines! Also, I found a free BitrateView program, that scans project and it gives all the required info. Thanks again for you assistance.
    I am now taking a break from editing! Project is awesome!

11. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Sounds like you are becoming a real pro. GSpot is also a good app to add to your arsenal.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

12. MaryEM

MaryEM Thread Starter

Mystic Eyes: Thanks, only with your help!
    Have you figured out a way to to put credits and the end of a movie? It is just nice to have a closing instead of fading out the video.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648042

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice