1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mpg question

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by crawdad, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crawdad

crawdad Thread Starter

I have a quick simple question.
    I have a mpg that is just over 700megs. I would like to burn it on a cd but the cd's capacity is 700megs. Is there a way or program to edit the mpg and maybe cut a few minutes off to make it fit?
    TIA

2. kramnnim

kramnnim

VirtualDub? www.vcdhelp.com might also have some info that might help...

3. jbcalg

jbcalg

arggg, my cookie crumbled and my reply (an excellent one if i do say so) got pre-empted by a login prompt

repeat:
    don't confuse data storage (700 Mb) with video storage (80 minutes)

drop it into nero or roxio, see how many minutes it reads as, make sure you select the video cd option
    OR
    double click on the file, should open with WMP or what ever viewing software you use - how long/how many minutes does it show?

use the link above - great site - newbie guides (that's what they call them there, really! ;)) good
    tools section has a bunch of good links
    TMPG is an often recommended encoder
    VirtualDub also frequently recommended, more so for avi editing IMO (will show the file info, off the main File options section)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113824

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice