1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MPJ TO another file

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by FrEEzE, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FrEEzE

FrEEzE Thread Starter

Aight i need help converting A MPQ file that well allow Windows midea Player to PLay it. its cuz i dled this Video Editing Program and MPJ is the only File it has to save it as. How do i change MPJ to Any file that Windows media player well take ?

2. FrEEzE

FrEEzE Thread Starter

Hello Any help :confused:

3. thecoalman

thecoalman

What application created it? I've never heard of that, it's probably a proprietary file which WMP won't be able to open. you'd have to convert or save it from the originating application.

4. ArtOfJungsu

ArtOfJungsu

It is a format that a game is using, warcraft 3 i think. What converters might work on it?

5. thecoalman

thecoalman

If it's a format the game is using it is most likely not a video file but juat a list of actions that happened. You need the game to render the actions for it to be viewable. The easiest way to ascertain that is to look at the size of the file.

You can use camstudio or fraps to capture video of games, you will need a pretty powerful system to run both the game and capture utility simultaneously. Some games are now coming with utilities for converting the ingame recordings to regular video files which can be used after the game is over. Video is very resource intensive as is gaming and trying to both atr the same time will push most systems beyond there limits.

6. FrEEzE

FrEEzE Thread Starter

[​IMG]Aight look at the Pic It has a Screen shot of the files i wanna change. There Wc3 movies in the Wc3 Folder All those files right there are MPQ put one that is MPJ i wanna change the MPJ Or MPQ if possible

7. thecoalman

thecoalman

It says your image is not avaialble, anyhow right click the file and see how big the filesize is and post it here. Most likely it's what I posted above which would be propietary to the program that created it and can only be opened by it.

8. FrEEzE

FrEEzE Thread Starter

Its 20,785KB And i have been able to open it with Windows media player but i just cant open it with any other editing program sense its MPQ

9. FrEEzE

FrEEzE Thread Starter

Hello any one here

10. colmaca

colmaca

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489646

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice