1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MPNavigator EX Insufficient Memory Error Message

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Bertie Bott, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bertie Bott

Bertie Bott Thread Starter

I have a CanoScan LIDE 200 which has been working just fine. Suddenly, I am no longer able to scan with the included MP Navigator software. Instead, after waiting for the program to launch, an error window with the message Insufficient Memory appears, and the program quits. I have already tried accessing the scanner via Windows 7 Devices & Printers screen, and am able to use the scanner with that, so I know the issue is software, not hardware related.

If anyone could assist, I would appreciate it. Attached is my TSG Info:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3966 Mb
    Graphics Card: LogMeIn Mirror Driver, 3 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 114470 MB, Free - 55387 MB; D: Total - 5122 MB, Free - 5009 MB; E: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 408543 MB; F: Total - 474372 MB, Free - 451686 MB; G: Total - 474372 MB, Free - 408640 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P7H55-M PRO
    Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2, Disabled

2. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

Just a thought, and a place to start. Have you tried removing MP Navigator using add/remove programs, and then starting fresh with a new download of MP Navigator from the Canon website? Also, I just noticed according to your TSG info, your ESET antivirus is disabled.

3. Bertie Bott

Thank you, I already tried that. And yes, I had the ESET temporarily disabled to ensure it was somehow not interfering with the uninstallation/installation process. Thank you for noticing that as well :D

I wish the solution was that easy ;)

4. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

Have you tried running MP Navigator ex in compatibility mode?

5. Bertie Bott

Not just compatibility mode (Windows 98 through XP) but also as admin as well.

6. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

Sounds like you have tried about all the "fixes suggested on the web". I have a canon scanner running on an xp pro machine, and when mp navigator ex refused to function, a simple reinstall of mp navigator fixed my problem. Sounds like your problem is more complex, and a lot of people have that same problem. About the only other thing that I could suggest to try that would be painless would be to disconnect the scanner from your computer, reboot your computer a few times without the scanner attached. Then reconnect the scanner to your computer, reboot, and let windows, and MP Navigator find the newly attached scanner. Might not do anything, but simple, and harmless, and you have eliminated that from the fixes you have tried. Hopefully someone that has had experience with that error msg, and fixed the exact problem you are having will come along.

7. nastechee

nastechee

I had a problem with MPnavigator on W7 pro 64bit. After a long period working OK it suddenly 'Could not find scanner'.
    The scanner still worked perfectly on my Win XP laptop. Eventually I uninstalled MPnavigator, uninstalled the scanner, downloaded the latest software version and powered off and on a few times. Reinstalled the scanner and software from scratch but still had to run it in XP compatability mode. At least it works now even though it asks me if I want to 'allow this software to modify' every time. Seems as if there has been an OS 'update' which has broken something.

Phil

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1100095

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice