1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MPSigStub Causing Problems With Chrome

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ElphieRix, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElphieRix

ElphieRix Thread Starter

Google Chrome has stopped working on my ASUS notepad (Windows 7), in that every time I try and open it it fails to load and then the message 'Google Chrome has stopped working- A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.' pops up. I have run malware detection software and have found nothing, and the only thing different is that a file named with a string of nonsensical letters and numbers has appeared in my OS, with -the program MPSigStub in it. I have run malware detection on MPSigStub and it seems to be non-malicious, but I have Googled it and I have found other people experiencing similar issues. I know it is necessary for Windows Defender, but I have other programs I use for that purpose and I definitely don't need it. I really need to get rid of it so my notepad becomes functional again, but every time I try to delete it it tells me I need administrator permission to do so, even though I am an administrator. I have tried running a system restore, but that turns up the message 'System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. Details: System Restore failed while restoring the registry from the restore point. An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070005)'. For some reason I can also no longer open up my Settings either so I'm quite limited in what I can do on my own and I really need some help. Sorry for the wall of text, I just wanted to give you all the information I have. Thank you. :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148046

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice