Mr George Arthur

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GeorgeArthur

My operating system is Windows XP Home addition (Service Pack 2 installed)
Newly acquired Monitor Digimate L1715 17" LCD type
Problem - Incorrect aspect ratio in picture using 800x600 mode to use complete screen - Circles appear as ellipses with major axis in vertical direction - I don't seem to be able to adjust picture height independently to correct - HELP

GeorgeArthur said:
My operating system is Windows XP Home addition (Service Pack 2 installed)
Newly acquired Monitor Digimate L1715 17" LCD type
Problem - Incorrect aspect ratio in picture using 800x600 mode to use complete screen - Circles appear as ellipses with major axis in vertical direction - I don't seem to be able to adjust picture height independently to correct - HELP
This monitor is set to operate at Resolution : 1280 x 1024(SXGA)
I say "set" because flat panel monitors, unlike CRT monitors operate at designated resolutions. That's kind of a general explanation. Yes, when playing a game that requires a different resolution the game will adjust settings.

Try setting the resolution to 1280 x 1024.

GeorgeArthur

Griffinspc - Thank you very much for your kind help - Have incorporated the change recommended - surprised by the smaller symbols and characters -e.g. My ISP's home screen no longer takes up the complete screen, but I guess this is a fact of life. Geo.

You can adjust the size of the icons and text by going into "Display, Appearence, Item and Icon" then setting size to 45 or so and font size 11 or so. Experiment a little. As far as the size of the ISP home page you can expand IE to full screen size with the center box of the upper right corner window, once expanded and closed, the next time you re-open it, it will stay expanded.

GeorgeArthur

GeorgeArthur says thank you very much for your advice now followed to make one more happy browser. God bless.

Welcome, visit when you need to or just want to read other posts for the dreaded knowledge. :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online