1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mr George Arthur

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeorgeArthur, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GeorgeArthur

GeorgeArthur Thread Starter

My operating system is Windows XP Home addition (Service Pack 2 installed)
    Newly acquired Monitor Digimate L1715 17" LCD type
    Problem - Incorrect aspect ratio in picture using 800x600 mode to use complete screen - Circles appear as ellipses with major axis in vertical direction - I don't seem to be able to adjust picture height independently to correct - HELP

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Did any drivers come with the monitor?

3. griffinspc

griffinspc

This monitor is set to operate at Resolution : 1280 x 1024(SXGA)
    I say "set" because flat panel monitors, unlike CRT monitors operate at designated resolutions. That's kind of a general explanation. Yes, when playing a game that requires a different resolution the game will adjust settings.

Try setting the resolution to 1280 x 1024.

4. GeorgeArthur

Griffinspc - Thank you very much for your kind help - Have incorporated the change recommended - surprised by the smaller symbols and characters -e.g. My ISP's home screen no longer takes up the complete screen, but I guess this is a fact of life. Geo.

5. griffinspc

griffinspc

You can adjust the size of the icons and text by going into "Display, Appearence, Item and Icon" then setting size to 45 or so and font size 11 or so. Experiment a little. As far as the size of the ISP home page you can expand IE to full screen size with the center box of the upper right corner window, once expanded and closed, the next time you re-open it, it will stay expanded.

6. GeorgeArthur

GeorgeArthur says thank you very much for your advice now followed to make one more happy browser. God bless.

7. griffinspc

griffinspc

Welcome, visit when you need to or just want to read other posts for the dreaded knowledge. :D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328897

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice