1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mraid35x.sys

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SweetMaryJ, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SweetMaryJ

SweetMaryJ Thread Starter

:confused: I am installing Windows 2000 and came up with an error - mraid35x.sys
    is corrupt. Any suggestions?

I formated the C: drive in DOS because it wouldn't install from Windows. The computer kept freezing up during the installation. I tried to force NT to be installed thinking I could upgrade from that, now when I go to install 98se or 2000 it keeps saying that it needs 7-----kb and freezes half way through the error message, after it runs the first scan disk. It also has a message about the DOS version being too low. I have been troublshooting this for way too long now and need some assistance, please help! :confused:

2. zmaster

zmaster

3. SweetMaryJ

Thanks, and I hope I do get some more suggestions :-S

4. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

<>it needs 7-----kb <> ????????

Take your W2K install CD and with it remove all partitions it sees, then creat a partition and then format and install W2K

5. SweetMaryJ

How do I remove the partitians with the Win2K cd? Thanks for your help!

6. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

It will be in the first few screens of the install. The will be an option to use existing, or delete. Read the screens carefully, you see it.

7. SweetMaryJ

It freezes now before I even get the install screen anymore. I am installing with no operating system on it at all. Now it freezes when it says its doing a scan disk something to do with the DOS version is out of date. I will try to install again, you'll see me back here today ... hehe ... thanks MFD!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273406

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice