1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Access 2000: Forms (Lookup Data)

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by keith10456, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keith10456

keith10456 Thread Starter

I created a database to manage various websites and their various Mailing List.

First I created a Mailing List form which captures the name of the website (that the Mailing List belongs to) and the name of the Mailing List.

On the Subscribers form, I'm trying to make it so when the end-user selects the "website" (from a drop down list) that "only" the Lists from the respective website appears in the next field... for the end-user to choose from... Which would be the Mailing List that the subcriber is joining.

For ex. lets say there are 3 websites in the system... MSN, Yahoo, & Tech Support Guy. Each website has 3 different Mailing List.

If the end-user selects "Yahoo" in the first field, I only want the Mailing Lists for Yahoo to appear in the next field... for the end-user to choose from. Once the end-user has the limited Yahoo list, he then would select the Mailing List that the Subscriber is joining.

PLEASE HELP

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Hi, Keith. Not much time to look FOR you, but what they're called is either cascading dropdowns or conditional dropdowns.

3. keith10456

keith10456 Thread Starter

Thanks Dreamboat... I'll see what i can find.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272186

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice