MS Access 2000: Open Forms In "Read Only"...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

keith10456

I'm using Access 2K... I created a macro that opens one of my forms in "Read Only" mode. The problem is, if the underlying table doesn't contain any data, Access displays a blank screen!

I know the problem is with the "Read Only" status because if I change it so it opens in "Add" or "Edit" mode, the form opens fine.

Is there any way around this?

Anne Troy

Anne
Read only?
That shouldn't be done by the setting on the form.
That should be done by access to tables...

keith10456

I made the form read only so end-users can see the data in "form" view, but not be able to edit it.

keith10456

Dreamboat said:
So you make the data read-only, not the form...
Are you referring to "Data Mode" in the macro? If so, that's what I did. If not, please explain.

keith10456

The macro is as follows:

[Action] = OpenForm
Form Name = "The Form's Name"
View = Form
Where Condition = Empty (Blank)
Data Mode = Read Only
Window Mode = Normal

Anne Troy

Anne
k.
There's a property on forms for "data entry".
Set it to NO
Set allow edits, allow deletions, allow additions all to NO

What's the code for?
:)

keith10456

Dreamboat... I tried it but it didn't work. When I set the "Data Mode" on the macro to "Add" or "Edit", it overrides the settings I placed in the form property (as you suggested). If I leave the "Data Mode" empty/blank, the form opens as a empty screen (no fields/text is visible).

The macro part of a menu I created. Upon an end-user clicking "Accounts" in the menu, the macro is run (to open the vendor accounts form).

keith10456

I know... I changed the properties of the form. Same result...

I mentioned the macro because that is what's opening the form.

Anne Troy

Anne
And the form, when opened manually, still allows for changes to be made tho your form properties say no?

Then there is something not right.
LOL!!

I mean...we must have missed something here...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts