MS Access 2002 Date and Time format

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gram123

Hello,
I'm setting up a database and have several date/time fields, which I'd like to have in a custom format - Short Date (UK) plus Short Time format, with a hyphen separating.

I'm trying the Input Mask:
00/00/00" - "00:00

I also tried editing the Date Format to:
dd/mm/yy - hh:nn

But either option (or both) gives me an error message that "The value you entered isn't valid for this field".
I've tried a couple of variations, but I'm evidently missing the principle of how this works.

I'm sure I've done this before, but can't remember how to fix it - oh, and I can't really mess with the PC's regional settings.

Thanks
Gram123

OBP

Sorry I cannot work out how to do it either. I can suggest that you use seperate fields to
input the date and time if you have to input them, why not just use the system time?

Gram123

The problem with using seperate fields is I have about 12 of this type, and loads of other fields on the form, so that means adding 12 more.
And as for using the system time, do you mean use a default value of =Now()?
If so, this wouldn't be any use because we're monitoring the times of specific actions, not the time the information is inputted.

Gram123

Gram123

Ok, forgetting the hyphen, the General Date format is set to:
dd/mm/yy hh:nn:ss

So,
1) Can I omit the seconds, so the user won't have to enter them (or see them) on the form? They could default to "00" for every record, if they have to be stored in the table.

2) What is the correct input mask to display the placeholders for this General Date format? I tried 00/00/00\ 00:00:00 and still get the same error when entering test data, so any attempts to hide the seconds is gonna fail until I get this sorted.

Gram

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts