1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS access 2003 dorpdown box error

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by frenky-d, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. frenky-d

frenky-d Thread Starter

a colleague of mine created a database on his machine(XP prof). on a form to add data to the DB there a entry field with a populated drop down box (populated from a seperate table). on his machine the list is visible. when i copy the DB to my machine (vista business) then this dropdown list is plain white. but when you click somewhere in the white area, its does select the data my collegue entered. the problem is, that i can't see it. because both the characters and background are white. when i check the colors selected for this dropdown list, it says that the colors are not the same, fore ground color is black and background color is white.

can anybody tell me what the problem might be?

many thanx in advance!

2. OBP

OBP

Have you tried running Access in XP Prof Compatibilty Mode?
    What happens if you change the Background colour to Black as well?

3. frenky-d

frenky-d Thread Starter

dear OBP

i have tried to set background color to black. it turns black, but i still can't see any text. the other thing you mentioned, about compatibility mode is new to me. looked for it but can't find it, under which menu is it located?

thanx

4. OBP

OBP

frenfy, Compatibility Mode is not on a Menu, you have to locate MSAccess.EXE, it is probably in
    c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10 or possibly Office11
    Right Click on MSAccess.EXE and then Properties and Compatibilty.

5. frenky-d

frenky-d Thread Starter

tried the compatibility mode, but unfortunenately the problem is still there. in the meanwhile i copied my database again to another XP machine, and there it works just fine, so i think its really a vista problem.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice