1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Access 2007 Copy Field

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Lyntonw, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyntonw

Lyntonw Thread Starter

Hi Im Very new to Ms Access. I am trying to build a simple database That list Client details for invoicing and installation address for service calls.
    I have fields Listed as:
    Client add1, Client add2, Client add3, Client add4, Client post. These fields i fill in manually
    I then have a field that is a Yes or No field Labeled as copy Client to Installation
    I have Fields Listed as:
    Inst add1, Inst add2, Inst add3, Inst add4, Inst post.

I want to Manually fill in the Client Add fields and then if the Installation address is the same set the copy field to yes and have it copy the details from the relevent Client add fields to the matching Inst add fields.

If the Client address is different from the Installation address i want to set the copy feild to no and enter the installation details manually.

Any help greatfully received:)

2. OBP

OBP

Lyntonw, welcome to the forum.
    Can I suggest an alternative strategy, as it is not normally a good idea to have duplicated data in a database.
    Can I suggest you make your "copy" field in to a "Use Client Address" field?

If you want to continue with the "copy" version then you need VBA code to copy the Address data over the the Inst fields.
    It tacks the format of
    me.[Inst add1] = me.[Client add1]
    me.[Inst add2] = me.[Client add2] etc
    The field names have to be exact, including correct capitals where they are used.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/988779

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice