MS Access 2007: Moving a record from one table to another table...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

witakr

Hey there folks...

I am in need of some assistance. Obviously!

I need a form which allows a user to select a record from one table and completely move the record to a totally separate table in the same database. I need it to transfer all the data for the selected record.

AutoNumber will not be an issue as each record has unique identifiers.

I found this article online but it seems it will append ALL data and doesn't allow a user to select the correct record. This uses an Append Query which makes sense but again it seems as though it will transfer ALL records. All I need is for it to transfer a specific record depending on the user's selection in the form.

OBP

Is this to "Archive" the record?
It is not normally necessary to actually "Move" a record, as you can just have a tick box called archive or similar that can be used to exclude that record from normal display and to display it as an Archived record.
There are 2 ways to do what you want, if it is really necessary, one is using an Append query, you can Identify the currently selected record on the Form using
forms![Form Name]![name of Key Field]
in the First Criteria row of your Key field, where Form name is the actual name of your form and name of Key Field is the actual name of your Key Field.
The other version is to use a VBA recordset Clone to do the same thing.
The

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online