1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Access 2010 Form - "Field cannot be updated" error

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Margo12, Aug 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Margo12

Margo12 Thread Starter

I can't download the utilitiy because I"m on a government computer that is about to be upgraded. I'm on Windows 7 Professional (I know).

I have a very simple database. I am not good at VBA so it's basically got queries behind it and a few macros. My problem is that on the main entry form, when I go to a new record and try to enter in any field, I get a pop up error "field cannot be updated". It only happens on the first new field I enter on the form, then I can cancel the error and continue without other issues. I can go back to the form and edit, reedit and the error doesn't happen. It's only on that first field I enter. I have since checked to make sure none of the fields are locked and none of them have data entry set to 'no'. Everything looks fine that I know to check.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If it's a government computer you should be asking your IT for support, asking for assistance on public forums is likely against your policy .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231573

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice