1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

.. MS Access 97 .. ODBC inst. probs.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by agent_c, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agent_c

agent_c Thread Starter

.. hello helpful people ...

.. I am trying to install MS Access 97 on to my machine at work .. and it won't install because of an ODBC problem. There is a problem at the end of the installation .. -- The config. of the ODBC Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) driver failed.

.. I've tried to configure the ODBC settings myself and can't even create new ones .. it says,

-=-=-=-
    -- The setup routines for Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 1157.
    -=-=-=-

.. after clicking the above warning .. it says,

-=-=-=-
    -- could not load the setup or translator library
    -=-=-=-

.. I've tried so much already ... installing most recent MDAC files from Microsoft .. I've used several different copies of MS Access.

.. installed MDAC (v.2.6) ... and tried installing MS Access 97 again .. same error :

-- configuration of ODBC driver failed.

.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.

.. my settings for Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) seem to be correct (files that are stated are in correct location).

.. but I have another folder in ODBCINST.INI .. and it is the only one that has files in a different location.

-- Client Access ODBC Driver (32-bit):

DRIVER = "C:\sqllib\bin\db2cli.dll"
    SETUP = "C:\sqllib\bin\db2odbc.dll"

* neither of these files exist on my machine .. neither do the folders for that matter ... thinking I should create such files and folders .. or change the path of.

(feeling hopeless on this one)

* any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

> running windows 98 on some crap system.

.. thanks.

2. downwitchyobadself

downwitchyobadself

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113573

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice