Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MS Access Date Format Issue

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Flanders78 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a report which is grouped by Month. The month is derived in a query using the month([date]) function. It comes up fine as the numerical month eg Jan = 1, Feb = 2 etc. In the report I want it to show the month name. I have tried the monthname function and format([month],"mmmm") but it comes up as January for all of them !!

I am about to throw the laptop out the window so would really appreciate help on this ! I am sure it is something really simple I have missed :)

Thank you

#3 ·
I tried it in the query as well as the report, either way the same thing happens. January comes up every time. I was thinking it might be because all the data is test data at the moment so all dates are as the 1st of the month, so i thought maybe it was reading the day instead of month value (eg using American date format) but I changed the data type in the table to short date dd/mm/yy and it still didnt work.

It just seems strange that the formula month([date]) gives the correct month number but to add Format(month([date],mmmm) it changes it to January for all of them !

I think i am losing my marbles !! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.